[Qgis-user] .sid in quantum for mac

mara mulero muleromara at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 16 08:05:16 PST 2010

Hi,
I have no idea about what have I done
I tried to do what giovanni told me.
first I sent the 1.5 version to the recicled bin (so I thought i had uninstalled it)
When I tried to install 1.6 it was a message from mac saying that it was not possible to install that in mac (to ask the provider...)
then I opened the other things that I had downloaded (the gdal7, de mr sid gdal plugin...) in order to install them, but nothing happened
then I found a "quantum trunk" on my desktop so I opened it and it said quantum gis 1.5 (that I thought I already had deleted)
then I deleted everything from the desktop and the application  (all the things I had downoaded and eveything that was in the applications related to quantum)
then i reiniciated the computer
and very misterious: it is a quantum in my application, I put it on the dock again and it works, also opens the sid file!¿?
I opened a project and it works
¿? i don´t understad anything.
it says it is 1.5 version (the first i had) but now opens the sid (what I wanted)
i´m happy as it lokks it works, but also worried as i don´t know what is going on (maybe I will find further problems as I haven´t done the proccess well?)

should i do everything again?
thanks

Mara