[Qgis-user] new user

Stefan Kiefer st_kiefer at web.de
Wed Nov 24 00:21:00 PST 2010

Hi Elvisnake,
best practice, I would suppose, is to get comfotable with Qgis, try it
out somehow (it works mostly like widly known simple Gis systems). There
are also Blogs, Wikis, Tutorials.
If you run into issues you could ask targeted questions. It is quite
difficult to give you a beginners course in a technical fore.
First of all you should know by yourself what you want to do with gis at
all and what for you will use Qgis in particular.
I belive there are not so many people who has the time to introduce you
step by step in Qgis. At least there where some industrious people
compiling the Qgis Manual, which is a good starting point:
http://www.qgis.org/en/documentation/manuals.html

the Wiki holds a bonanza of information:
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Welcome_to_the_QGIS_Wiki

and you can learn from the blog:
http://blog.qgis.org/

hope this helps you stepping into the world of Qgis.

cheers

Stefan