[Qgis-user] Archaeological maps from qGIS and Inkscape

Anna Hodgkinson anna.hodgkinson at thehumanjourney.net
Thu Nov 25 12:30:55 PST 2010

Dear Jean, dear List,

Many thanks for your feedback.

To clarify: At OA we do not just use QGIS, we also use gvSIG, it's all down to personal preference and what tool solves the problem best. My personal preference, for most jobs, is in fact gvSIG, but QGIS is invaluable for other tasks, so I find that a combination of both often works best!

In fact, maps exported from gvSIG do not loose their scale when imported into Inkscape as PDF, but this is a QGIS list, you can read about my gvSIG workflow [1], should you be interested.

Yes, I find the uneditable text rather annoying, too.

All the best,

Anna

[1] http://blog.gvsig.org/2010/11/25/gvsig-to-inkscape/

--
Anna Kathrin Hodgkinson MA MSt (Oxon) AIFA EES
Supervisor Geomatics

Oxford Archaeology: Exploring the Human Journey
Mobile: +44 (0)7906 638308 (personal)
Switchboard: +44 (0)1524 541 000
http://thehumanjourney.net

------