[Qgis-user] how best to install qgis 1.6 in windowsXP/vista which already has 1.5?

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Tue Nov 30 00:58:37 PST 2010

Hi,

I always upgrade the latest release and trunk version via OSGeo4W (on XP and 7) and never remove anything before doing so. Never had any problems.
What kind of problems did you get after the upgrade?

Uninstalling is done by starting OSGeo4W installer and "unticking" the packages you want to get rid of.

Best wishes,
Anita

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 08:48:17 +0000
> Von: "M.E.Dodd" <m.e.dodd at open.ac.uk>
> An: "qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org" <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>
> Betreff: [Qgis-user] how best to install qgis 1.6 in windowsXP/vista which already has 1.5?

> installed 1.5 down the osgeo4w route and now can't find an uninstaller to
> get rid of it before installing 1.6.  On another machine i had installed
> 1.6 without removing 1.5 and things got all screwed up so had to manually
> remove 1.5 (just by deleting folders which is not a good thing to do since it
> leaves various bits in place elesewhere) and start from scratch downloading
> 1.6 again.
>
> --
> The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an
> exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC
> 038302).

GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 €/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit