[Qgis-user] offline googlemaps (or the like) images

Pierre Chevalier Géologue pierrechevaliergeol at free.fr
Wed Oct 6 00:06:17 PDT 2010

Pierre Chevalier Géologue claviota:
> There is an even much simpler solution, a cache that you install on
> your own machine. I can't remember its name.
Got it: it is TileCache : http://tilecache.org/

" TileCache provides a Python-based WMS-C/TMS server, with pluggable
" caching mechanisms and rendering backends. In the simplest use case,
" TileCache requires only write access to a disk, the ability to run Python
" CGI scripts, and a WMS you want to be cached. *With these resources,*
" *you can create your own local disk-based cache of any WMS server*,
" and use the result in any WMS-C supporting client, like OpenLayers
<http://openlayers.org/>, or
" any TMS supporting client, like OpenLayers and worldKit
<http://worldkit.org/>.

> I should try to implement it on my laptop.
I'll give it a try. I'll keep you guys informed.

A+
Pierre

Pierre Chevalier Géologue EI
    Mesté Duran
    32100 Condom
  Tél+fax  :    09 75 27 45 62
                05 62 28 06 83
		06 37 80 33 64
  Émail  :   pierrechevaliergeolCHEZfree.fr
  icq#   :   10432285
  skype  :   pierre.chevalier1967
  http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/pierre_chevalier_geologue