[Qgis-user] [OT] UTM mpas stretching over sveral zones

Pierre Chevalier Géologue pierrechevaliergeol at free.fr
Thu Oct 7 01:29:45 PDT 2010

Timmie claviota:
> If you have to prepare a map that contains data stretching over several UTM
> zones (e.g. a large country), what projection do you chose for country-wide data
> sets?

For such maps, I usually prefer non-projected systems: latitude -
longitude with WGS84 is my favourite. Your coordinates are in degrees,
but it does not matter much, with such a scale.
If your country is located close to a pole, it may look strange,
though... Which country are you thinking of?

> I think splitting such data in smaller chunks for the respecive zones would not
> be too practical.

Yes.

> Thanks for your hints,
> Timmie

You're welcome!

A+
Pierre

Pierre Chevalier Géologue EI
    Mesté Duran
    32100 Condom
  Tél+fax  :    09 75 27 45 62
                05 62 28 06 83
		06 37 80 33 64
  Émail  :   pierrechevaliergeolCHEZfree.fr
  icq#   :   10432285
  skype  :   pierre.chevalier1967
  http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/pierre_chevalier_geologue