[Qgis-user] Re: QGIS 1.5 Update for ECW/SID support crashes

Francesco Parisi fragger at altervista.org
Fri Oct 15 17:25:54 PDT 2010

i think i can correctly answer only to the 3rd question...

i'm using vmplayer to work with a virtual machine with the OS windows xp
sp3, with vmplayer it's also possible to mount ISO images, the guest OS
recognizes them as normal DVD-ROMs, so in my case i've prepared an ISO with
the all necessary ecws, then i've opened qgis (Guest OS) -> i have imported
the rasters -> i've saved the project (qgs file) -> i've copied the qgs
project on windows7 (with the vmware tools it's possible to do this with a
simple drag and drop) -> but qgs file has been wrote to locate the rasters
on the ISO, so i have opened  it with the notepad (thanks to the open source
philosophy the qgs files are not encrypoted) and i have corrected manually
the location of the ecws (they were present in a directory of the HD).

At this point it's possible to work with the project without other
drawbacks. As i've said before it's a clumsy solution, but the other
alternatives that i've read in this forum didn't work for me.