[Qgis-user] Re: QGIS 1.5 Update for ECW/SID support crashes

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 03:52:24 PDT 2010

> On my old win laptop qgis (standalone install 1.5.0, on vista) handles all the vector data I can throw at it fine.
> If I point it at an ecw, qgis just straight crashes. A windows dialog box appear saying "qgis.exe has stopped working". Most of my rasters are ecw.
> Is this what yours did or is this a different problem?

This is weird:
I have a 1.5 osgeo4w installation and it works just fine with ecws. You
need to copy the dlls from the *old* sdk, but then it works just fine
with no crashes at all.

If you copy the dlls from the sdk available now in the erdas site, ecw
will not open. The gdal16-ecw plugin available in the osgeo4w installer
was based in the old sdk. But still no crash in any case.

cheers

-- Giovanni --