[Qgis-user] Re: Re: QGIS 1.5 Update for ECW/SID support crashes

hayamaguchi hayamaguchi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 07:06:59 PDT 2010

I am in a similar situation with Doug.  My local governments (county and
state) use MrSid and ECW, respectively.  I am committed to QGIS and its
dependence on GDAL, so I would like to encourage the GDAL and QGIS
developers to continue their work in obtaining support for those formats,
especially ECW.  Somebody mentioned a petition to ERDAS to loosen up their
licensing terms for v71 redistributables for OSGeo use.  That may be a great
starting point.  And, like Doug, I thank all of you, as a new convert to
QGIS, for all your outstanding, selfless work in developing the software and
helping newbies like myself use this wonderful product!