Fwd: [Qgis-user] QGIS "Near"

Zoran Jankovic zoran.jankovic at zisis.hr
Wed Oct 20 10:21:01 PDT 2010

Hi Joe,

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Joe Larson <joelarso at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does the function 'snapWithContext'
>
> http://doc.qgis.org/head/classQgsVectorLayer.html#733b974dce13d587e05cf3d4fc24f208
> which "Snaps to segment or vertex within given tolerance." seem like
> what you're looking for? I came across it while trying to get Quantum
> Navigator working recently...seemed relative, but I'm no expert!

This is similar to the mentioned solution with selecting by radius, or
changing the tolerance of ID tool. Close, but no cigar. Since this is not
very urgent, I've decided to continue pursuing that outlined solution Carson
gave, and write a plugin i Python based on that. Since I actually never used
Python before, it may take a while, but hey, I get to learn sth. new :-).
I never got the word back from Carson, has he developed anything along these
lines, but I have to presume he didn't...
Anyone interested in joning me, or even earning some money, is still invited
to jump on board. My GIS implementation project is well on the way, and it
seems there'll even be some money involved :-).

Zoran

~joe