[Qgis-user] CSWclient is available

Annina Hirschi Wyss annina.hirschi at gmx.net
Thu Oct 21 14:03:22 PDT 2010

On Oct 21, 2010, at 7:49 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Il 21/10/2010 19:29, Annina Hirschi Wyss ha scritto:
>> You could try the: http://www.geocat.ch/geonetwork/srv/eng/csw? It's with the swiss ISO profile, but should normally be OGC compliant (at least with the default outputSchema).
>
> I confirm: anything I tried works. Unfortunately there are no WMS and downloadable data, so we cannot test all functions.

Yes there are WMS:

it's very very summary with the dc format:
http://www.geocat.ch/geonetwork/srv/eng/csw?request=GetRecordById&id=d5517e5e-1cc0-45d1-8839-54f9da4f5ebe

Better:
http://www.geocat.ch/geonetwork/srv/eng/csw?request=GetRecordById&outputSchema=http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd&id=d5517e5e-1cc0-45d1-8839-54f9da4f5ebe

But this is the extended ISO Profile from Switzerland. Perhaps this is why you didn't find any.
We will soon update the service to give "pure" ISO 19139 with this namespace, and create a proper one for the swiss profile.

you may have a look at it in the application:

http://www.geocat.ch/geonetwork/srv/eng/geocat?uuid=d5517e5e-1cc0-45d1-8839-54f9da4f5ebe

or search for full text e.g. <wms bgdi> or for a second wms  <wms ivs>

I'm very interested if it works, or not, in order to optimise our service!

> I suggest to add it to the list of default

> servers.

:-)