[Qgis-user] FILE .dwg and .cad

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 15:06:39 PDT 2010

I think read/write DWG and DXF formats is support in GDAL now, if I am
not mistaken

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DxfDwg

http://mateusz.loskot.net/2006/01/03/writing-dwgdxf-files-with-ogr/

What it needs is QGIS plugin.

BTW, there is Dxf2shp (Dxf to shapefile) plugin available.

I hope this is clear enough to be undestood,  not to mention QGIS uses GDAL.

Noli