[Qgis-user] qgis segfault when resizing main windowRe:

blavet didier.blavet at ird.fr
Fri Sep 10 08:11:30 PDT 2010

Dear

I'm really interested in using qgis and use it since 2 years without
problems.
I also recommend this software to the students that we have and they are
happy with it,
(they work  often with MS Win, but also with GNU Linux or  Mac OsX)
I found  Qgis very  interesting because it is user friendly, and it can
be used
on many platforms and also is able to work with shapefiles.

Since  one year I'm also using  GNU/Linux since  and wish to go on with
this system.
I was happy with qgis 1.3 and GNU/Linux

Unfortunately, like some other users (see below) i  experiment a
segfault while trying to resize qgis 1.4
main windows when some layers are loaded

for me this occurs since several weeks with vector layers, qgis 1.4 and
the following distributions :

- up to date debian testing (squeeze) amd64
- up to date ubuntu 10.04 on i386

I still use Qgis and plan to use it in the future , then i hope that
there is some solution for this issue.

Kind regards

D. Blavet
Soil scientist

Re: [Qgis-user] qgis segfault when resizing main window
John C. Tull
  Fri, 07 May 2010 08:51:29 -0700
Hi Pierre,

This is an issue I have brought up in the past on irc, but apparently
there is
not a bug filed (I thought there was, but could not find it). I had
believed
this to be an issue exclusive to the Mac platform, but apparently not. I
am not
sure if this is qgis or qt, but it is a big problem. Please file a bug
if you
don't mind.
http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/newticket

You might also see this bug, which I still experience.
http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2483

 From what I can tell, a single raster image on the canvas causes bug
occur. The crash that you describe occurs when a single vector file is
loaded.
So, different issues depending on the source data type.

Regards,
John

On May 6, 2010, at 7:48 AM, Pierre Chevalier Géologue wrote:

 > Hello,
 >
 > I get regularly a segmentation fault when I resize the main qgis
window, only
 > if there is some data displayed.  My platform is a debian testing
machine,
 > up-to-date, with the debian.gfoss.it repository.
 >
 > Usually, when I work, I always have several windows of any kind open,
and I
 > keep on moving and resizing windows, without any trouble, including
qgis,
 > that I use very often.
 > Last week or so, I began to get some problems, qgis was crashing in some
 > cases.  It got quite annoying.  I was running qgis 1.4, then I
switched to
 > 1.5.  I secretly hoped that someone could have solved this bug, so I
got the
 > source and compiled qgis from source (I had some trouble with sip and
python,
 > but it got solved).
 > Now I am running version 1.5 revision 13427.
 >
 > There is no special message from the xterm where I launched qgis from:
 >
 >   pie... at duran:~$ /usr/local/bin/qgis
 >   Python support ENABLED :-)
 >   /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/osgeo/gdal.py:99:
 >   DeprecationWarning: gdal.py was placed in a namespace, it is now
 >   available as osgeo.gdal
 >     DeprecationWarning)
 >   Loaded : Plugin Installer (package: plugin_installer)
 >   Loaded : SelectPlus Menu (package: selectplus)
 >   Loaded : Images to Shapefile (package: imagestoshape)
 >   Loaded : PostGIS manager (package: postgis_manager)
 >   Loaded : Azimuth and Distance Plugin (package: qgsAzimuth)
 >   Loaded : autosave (package: autosave)
 >   Loaded : ShowHideImg (package: imgshowhide)
 >   Loaded : Elevation (package: elevation)
 >   Erreur de segmentation
 >
 > The last messages means translation fault, in French.
 >
 > If there is no data loaded, nothing happens, I am able to resize the
windows
 > in any direction.  Whenever I load some data, then it crashes as soon
as I
 > resize the window.
 >
 > Has anyone got an idea?  Known bug?
 > Thanks in advance.
 >
 > A+
 > Pierre
 >
 > --

 > Pierre Chevalier Géologue EI
 >   Mesté Duran
 >   32100 Condom
 > Tél+fax  :    09 75 27 45 62
 >               05 62 28 06 83
 >               06 37 80 33 64
 > Émail  :   pierrechevaliergeolCHEZfree.fr
 > icq#   :   10432285
 > skype  :   pierre.chevalier1967
 > http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/pierre_chevalier_geologue

[Qgis-user] qgis segfault when resizing main window Pierre Chevalier
Géologue
Re: [Qgis-user] qgis segfault when resizing main window John C. Tull
Re: [Qgis-user] qgis segfault when resizing main
windowB052D20B-16B0-46BC-9982-7A4509D22E35 at gmail.com Reply via email to
   John C. Tull

Didier BLAVET
Institut de Recherche pour le Développement - IRD (http://www.ird.fr)

UMR Eco&Sols Ecologie Fonctionnelle et Biogéochimie des Sols
Montpellier SupAgro-INRA-IRD

Bâtiment 12, 2 place Viala, F-34060 Montpellier Cedex 2 , France

Tel bureau : +33 (0)4 99 61 21 33 / Secrétariat : +33 (0)4 99 61 21 01
Fax : +33 (0)4 99 61 21 19
Courriel : didier.blavet at mpl.ird.fr