[Qgis-user] Helmert 7 param transformation

Stefan Kiefer st_kiefer at web.de
Mon Sep 13 22:32:20 PDT 2010

Hi Zoran,
I don't know about Helmert transformation. But if you only need the
description resp. formulas, I believe wikipedia is not a bad place to
start searching:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmert_transformation
>From there you will find some links, nevertheless the internet is a
great place to get more information. I found some hints that you can use
proj4 for helmert transformation, thus it must work with any proj4 based
gis software (qgis is as well as grass). maybe you want to get a deeper
insight of that project, and how to define projection definitions.
http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/
Sorry but that is all I can tell you so far.

cheers

Stefan