[Qgis-user] Helmert 7 param transformation

Jean-Claude Repetto jcrml at mxm.eu
Tue Sep 14 01:00:03 PDT 2010

Le 13/09/2010 18:50, Zoran Jankovic a écrit :

> I know this is slightly off topic, but I ran out of places to ask... I'm
> looking for a piece of software, it could be a standalone app, or some
> JavaScript somewhere, that can calculate the 7 parameters of Helmerts
> transformation from the coordinates of identical points. Lots of
> applications can transform CRS, even on the fly, but I need something to
> calculate the parameters...

Hello,

Firstly, you can read :
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmert_transformation#Calculating_the_parameters>

If it is not enough, you can also read
G. Timár, and C.J. Mugnier, GIS Integration of the 1:75,000 Romanian
Topographic Map Series from the World War I, Geophysical Research
Abstracts, Vol. 11, EGU2009-1-3, 2009.
http://www.akademiai.com/content/h0x7u3555r462483/

Jean-Claude