[Qgis-user] Split line into multiple lines at nodes

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Thu Sep 16 05:13:59 PDT 2010

On 16/09/2010 13:13, Ghislain Picard wrote:

> No it's different. The tools "single parts to multipart" converts
> feature made of several disjoint parts into several features.

Ah, I misunderstood. You want to actually split the line up at every vertex?
If you're using GRASS, then I can suggest a two step procedure:
You get all the vertex coordinates into a text file using v.to.points -v
Then loop thru the text file and use each pair of coords as input to
v.edit tool=break coords=x,y
A bit fiddly but it should give you a vector with each line segment as a
separate feature.

--
Micha Silver
http://www.surfaces.co.il/