[Qgis-user] Using the qplanet plugin on Windows? - pysqlite2, scipy

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Thu Sep 16 23:33:54 PDT 2010

Sorry Alexander, I always forget to click reply all.
-------------------

Hi Alexander,

It is installed.  It just doesn't seem to contain pysqlite2

> > File "C:/Documents and
> > Settings/alister.hood/.qgis/python/plugins\Qplanet\Shp2Shp.py", line
> > 14, in
> >    from scipy import io, linalg
> >  File "C:/OSGeo4W/apps/qgis-dev/./python\qgis\utils.py", line 279,
> > in _import
> > ImportError: No module named scipy
> >
> > I can't spot scipy in the osgeo installer.  Is there any way on
> > Windows to install extra python modules that aren't in the osgeo
> > installer?  The installer from scipy's website fails, complaining
> > that there is no Python in the registry, which is what the
> > installers for most python modules seem to do.
>
> Try to unpack scipy installer with arhiever (7-zip or something
> other), find Python modules and copy them to OSGeo4W Python folder

Ah, I tried that, but I think I just didn't go far enough.  When I tried opening the .exe inside the .exe it ran it instead.  But if I extract the .exe inside the .exe then I can open it... I'll try again.

> --
> Alexander Bruy

Thanks.