[Qgis-user] OsX and Postgis Manager

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Sep 20 13:28:23 PDT 2010

On Sep 19, 2010, at 6:49 AM, Giovanni Manghi wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> not a OsX user here, but yesterday I installed QGIS 1.5 on a Leopard
> machine and noticed that in the Postgis Manager plugin the menu items
> (database, schema, table, data, help) seems to miss and I can see only
> the toolbar icons (refresh, sql window, etc.). I'm missing something or
> it is really a bug?

Missing?  I see them on all my Macs (both Leopard and Snow).

One important thing to remember about OS X menus - unlike *nix and Windows, there is only one menubar, at the top of the *screen*, and it is changed contextually depending on what window is active at the time.  (If windows have menubars, it's because they are running from X11 (a purely *nix program, like the Gimp port), or a poorly (no offense intended) or quickly ported program (Blender comes to mind, as I looked at that recently).)

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy