[Qgis-user] Google Layers proxy

MaurĂ­cio de Paulo mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 06:34:14 PDT 2010

Hi,
I'm currently using google layers behind a proxy network that requires user
authentication. Many QGIS' plugins already connect through authenticated
proxies but googleLayers can't. I've looked at the code and found out that
the urllib use doesn't support authenticated proxies. I've also found out
that urllib2 supports.
I'd be glad if the dev could change the used library. I've made a few tests
and the proxyhandler class of the urllib2 can handle the authentication but
it would need to be read from qgis' settings.

As far as a workaround I've told the proxy to ignore *mt*.google.com* and *
maps.google.com* to make the plugin work throught the proxy.

Best regards,
Mauricio