[Qgis-user] gdal_merge - GDAL Tools plugin Qgis error message

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Sep 28 10:51:19 PDT 2010

As I said, the pymod option is disabled, there is no way to set this.  Maybe it's a Mac thing to disable this? the only GDAL Tools setting that is enabled is the GDAL binaries path.

It probably wouldn't help anyways, since it's probably meant to help Python find the gdal python extensions.  But we're trying to find Python itself.  That's where the environment PATH is needed (ie from Qgis), or a GdalTools python path setting.

On Sep 28, 2010, at 12:36 PM, Giovanni Manghi wrote:

>> AFAIK on OSX the path to python mods should be similar to
>> /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/1.7/Python/
>>
>> Does it work now? If no, restart QGis and to execute the tool again.
>

> I don't have a Mac either but a colleague is telling me that this is not
> enough to make .py gdal tools work.
>
> cheers

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy