[Qgis-user] Does not accept int8

Espen Isaksen espen.isaksen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 06:22:47 PDT 2010

Hi!

We have a Postgis table with a primary key that is int8. QGIS will not
open this table as it says it only accepts columns with int4.

I get this error:

"There were no columns in the table that were suitable as a qgis key
into the table (either a column with a unique index and type int4 or a
PostgreSQL oid column.

The unique index on column 'sl_sdeid' is unsuitable because Quantum
GIS does not currently support non-int4 type columns as a key into the
table."

Is there any way I can get QGIS to open this table with the int-8
column? And without adding an extra int-4 column which I suppose might
be a solution.

Espen