[Qgis-user] idea: QGIS and Tilecache

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Apr 1 12:07:44 PDT 2011

Hi List,

a customer wants to be able to generate frequent (small) tilecaches, to
be able to use them as overlay over googlemaps (mobile) web pages.

One question was to maybe build a web interface to automate this proces:

0) (optional) georeference an image/raster (historical maps)
1) view the raster in context of eg googlemaps or osm map
2) generate a tilecache config, maybe pointing to a output dir
3) generate a tilecache
4) (optional) review the tilecache

BUT ... my idea was maybe to find or implement a QGIS plugin for this...
- we can load rasters
- we can georeference images
- we can review raster in context of google or osm (using OpenLayers plugin)
- tilecache is python, so ... should be possible to incorporate in plugin
etc etc

QUESTION:

- anybody other ideas for this, comments on above scenario?

- anybody maybe busy/ready :-) with such a plugin?

- anybody willing to pickup this glove?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde