Antw: Re: [Qgis-user] Plotting XY data in QGIS

Asmus Harder Harder at lehmann-partner.de
Tue Apr 19 23:59:22 PDT 2011

Hi Jim,

you can connect to an Access database (or other database too) with the
eVis-plugin, and display XY-data as an vector layer.

http://biodiversityinformatics.amnh.org/open_source/evis/documentation.php#d0e715

Asmus

On 19/04/2011 18:27, Jim Ivie wrote:
> I am having trouble plotting XY data from an Access database table
in
> QGIS 1.6. Is there a reference for this anywhere?
> Jim Ivie

Hi Jim,

You can export the table from Access as a csv text file. Then you can
use the QGIS delimited text plugin to import the CSV file and display
the XY data.

Frank.

LEHMANN +  PARTNER
DIE STRASSENGUTACHTER
LEHMANN + PARTNER GmbH i.I., Schwerborner Straße 1, D-99086 Erfurt
Telefon: +49 (0) 361 51804 300   Fax: +49 (0) 361 51804 399
E-Mail: info at lehmann-partner.de   Internet:
http://www.die-strassengutachter.de
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Dirk Ebersbach, Jens Morawietz
Amtsgericht: Jena HRB 100220  USt-IdNr.: DE 160 115 425  Steuernummer:
151/113/11606