[Qgis-user] Qgis Python plig-in. How can I change the nesting of groups?

Marco Bernasocchi marco at bernawebdesign.ch
Wed Apr 20 05:05:06 PDT 2011

Hi Bernhard, I just wrote a patch for trunk to make this functionality
available to python. it has not been applied yet [1] but it probably
will soon.
after that, you need to do the following (please note that nesting as
well as deleting nested groups is only supported at top level groups for
now):

legend = self.iface.legendInterface()
pG = legend.addGroup("parent", False )
c1 = legend.addGroup("child", False, pG )
c2 = legend.addGroup("child", False, pG )

legend.addGroup("child", False, c2 ) #this creates a top level group
since multiple nesting is not supported yet

I hope it helps
ciao
MArco

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3263

On 04/19/2011 07:34 AM, Bernhard.Stroebl at jena.de wrote:
> Dear Marco (or anybody),
>
> sorry to pick up this thread again. Could you give an example on how to
> use QgsLegendInterface.addGroup() with a parent?
> If I want my new Group to be nested in let's say "GroupA" I would need
> GroupA's QTreeWidgetItem. How can I access it in the first place?
>
> regards
>
> Bernhard
>

> on April 5th you wrote:
>> In 1.6 is not possible yet, i patched trunk 2-3 weeks ago. Now when
>> you create a new group you can pass a parent element Where the group
>> will be nested.
>> Hope it helps
>> Ciao
>
>> Marco Bernasocchi (mobile)
>

> ________ Information from NOD32 ________
> This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System for Linux Mail Server.
> http://www.nod32.com

Marco Bernasocchi
www.bernawebdesign.ch
skype: mbernasocchi