[Qgis-user] styling a KML/KMZ file using QGIS?

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Thu Apr 21 16:45:55 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Although it no longer crashes QGIS, the qgis2google2 plugin is not working still on my mac platform. I am testing with current trunk builds, so something in the 1.7 development cycle may have broken things. When testing, the plugin will open google and load an empty layer, but no data is drawn. This was tested with the geosample data from the gis-lab web page. Below is the kml export from Google Earth of the admin layer sent over from the plugin. You can see that there is no geometry:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<kml xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2" xmlns:gx="http://www.google.com/kml/ext/2.2" xmlns:kml="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
<Document>
	<name>admin</name>