[Qgis-user] Re: ArcInfo gdb file system

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 19:58:19 PDT 2011

Dear Tom,

By gdb, I suppose you mean Garmin's GDB format:
http://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-development/fmt_gdb.html

QGIS can display gps data using the GPX format, you can convert the
gdb file into GPX format using the GPS Tools plugin.  The conversion
from other format to GPX is under the "Import other" tab.  After the
import, you can view the GPX files using the same plugin under the
"Load GPX" tab.

If you need more power with transforming your gdb files to other GPS
formats, I suggest you try GPSBabel.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 3:52 AM,  <mtnbiketrail at zzz.com> wrote:
> How do I handle gdb files? I don't have ESRI program. Does QGIS have a way
> of importing these?
>
> thanks,
> Tom

cheers,