[Qgis-user] free DEM data in QGis

Torsten Lange tlange at gwdg.de
Tue Aug 2 15:53:59 PDT 2011

Hi!

I'm novice to use free DEM data. I work on a medium (~60km) scale area in
Germany. It's basically about geology. As don't need accurate DEM data for the
time being I read through google that gtopo30 or (even better ?) DTED data
from German Aerospace Center may be utilized, which are all free of charge.

Actually I don't know where to start. Could anyone please give some comments
about how would be the general procedure to load those data into QGis? Useful
links are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Torsten