[Qgis-user] qgis-web-client: Problem with web client and server on different hosts

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Tue Aug 9 12:54:32 PDT 2011

Am Dienstag, 9. August 2011, 18.14:32 schrieb Andreas Neumann:
> Hi Niccolo,
>
> I wonder the same. I know that with the current code of QGIS webclient
> it is not possible because of the same domain restriction.
>
> But technically it should be possible. Google does it all the time -
> pulls in data from different servers. There should be a way to define
> trusted server/domains for XMLHttpRequests.

To be more precise: The GetCapabilities, GetFeatureInfo and GetPrint requests
have to be adressed to the same domain as the start page. The GetMap request
can go to other domains, since it is handled like an ordinary image.

To redirect requests you can either use mod_proxy of apache or include a proxy
script as documented on this mapfish site:
http://trac.mapfish.org/trac/mapfish/wiki/ConfigureProxy

Regards
Pirmin

> On 08/09/2011 04:25 PM, Niccolo Rigacci wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to install a QGIS Web Client onto a web server (say
> > http://www.domain.org/). The QGIS Server is onto another server
> > (say http://gis.domain.org/cgi-bin/...).
> >
> > I was unable to make the webapp to work.
> >
> > In other words, the "serverAndCGI" parameter must point to the
> > same host serving the web pages.
> >
> > Is there some known limitation which prevents that?
> >
> > Thank you.

Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions
http://www.sourcepole.com