[Qgis-user] Text styling and placement

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Aug 11 11:57:03 PDT 2011

Hi Andrew,

Are you using Postgis as a data source? If yes, you can set up views
containing the styling attributes based on rules. Also, the view can
help to set data read only.

In QGIS you can combine fixed with dynamic attributes. E.g. you can set
the text color fixed, but the rotation and size dynamically.

Be sure to use the new labeling engine - the one with the "ABC" button,
not the one in the layer properties.

I agree though, that it would help to set "rules" for labeling in QGIS,
e.g. different settings for different scale ranges - similar to the rule
based renderer. This would help to significantly reduce the nr of layers
needed for labeling.

Andreas