[Qgis-user] Problems loading postgis layers

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Aug 17 06:13:19 PDT 2011

 If you migrate from Postgis 1.5.x to Postgis 2.0.x you have to do a
 hard upgrade. You have to dump the database before the upgrade and read
 it in again after the upgrade.

 See
 http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/postgis_installation.html#hard_upgrade

 As this is a Postgis related problem - please ask at the Postgis
 mailinglist.

 Andreas

 PS: it is a good idea to dump your database every day for backup
 purposes. I use a cronjob for that. It is absolutely necessary to dump
 the database before you do a Postgis or library upgrade. Otherwise your
 data is really at risk.

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)