[Qgis-user] error message: Couldn't load PyQGIS. Python support will be disabled

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 02:55:24 PDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 11:01 AM, zehari zehari <mriduan62 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  dear all,
>  is there any among you who can help me, I get an error message like
> the following:
>
> Couldn't load PyQGIS.
> Python support will be disabled.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "", line 1, in
> RuntimeError: the PyQt4.QtCore module is version 1 but the qgis.core
> module requires version -1
>
> Python version:
> 2.7.2+ (default, Aug 16 2011, 07:56:26)
> [GCC 4.6.1]
>
> QGIS version:
> 1.8.0-Trunk 'Trunk', exported
>
> Python path:
> ['/python', '/home/zehari/.qgis/python',

Hi

the invalid python path suggest there is some clash with the
libraries/modules. Please make sure to completely clean up your qgis
installation and try again. This could be a result of some old c++
plugins in the (prefix)/lib/qgis directory or something similar - have
you done any updates of Qt4, PyQt4 or sip recently?

Martin