[Qgis-user] Profile Tool

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Wed Aug 31 15:18:08 PDT 2011

Hi guys,
You can manually extract the files from the shapely installer (using
e.g. Izarc or 7zip, or possibly just by renaming it as .zip or
something), and put them in the right places.
You need to put the shapely folder (from inside PURELIB) in e.g.
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python25\Lib\site-packages\, and the geos.dll and
libgeos-3-2-2.dll in I think C:\OSGeo4W\bin, although instead of
installing those I seem to have got it working by editing
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python25\Lib\site-packages\shapely\geos.py to use the
lib from OSGeo4W instead (C:\OSGeo4W\bin\geos_c.dll).

For the record, there is also an open ticket (with a suggested script)
for registering the OSGeo4W Python with Windows, so that python package
installers can find it: http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/114

Regarding the profile tool plugin, Micha, it definitely runs on Windows.
But on one of my machines I also got that error message about having no
Qwt5.
If I remember correctly, the problem was something like this: it
requires the latest Qwt5 (or PyQwt5) in the OSGeo4W repository, but this
machine only had an older version installed, and the OSGeo4W installer
was not showing the latest version for some reason.
I believe to fix it I uninstalled PyQwt5 and Qwt5, then reinstalled
them.

Alister

<CAF7K3b-RvCLBswiq807pE-a9+_pCB2LUwu+X+eQmK0=Pekg4jw at mail.gmail.com>

> There is a windows installer for Shapely.
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Shapely#downloads
>
> The problem that I ran into was that the installer defaults to the
> Python install listed in the Registry.  For me, (and probably most
> people), that is not the Python instance installed by OSGEO4W.  At
> least last time that I attempted the install, there was no way to tell
> the Shapely installer to use a different Python instance.
>
> David.
>
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da
> <ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Micha
> >
> > Concerning the 'Profile from Line' plugin, I've opened a ticket some
> > months ago at OSGEO4W's bugtracker asking for packaging of a more
> > recent version of the Shapely package but haven't had a reply. I
guess
> > they haven't gotten around to do it yet.
> >
> > However, I believe there must be a way of installing Shapely (and
> > other Python packages) separately and then make them available
inside
> > OSGEO4W. Unfortunately I have never tried to do so, as I never had
> > such a need. Maybe others can help out.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > 2011/8/31 Micha Silver <micha at arava.co.il>:
> >> I'm trying to install the Profile Tool plugin on an OSGeo4W setup.
The
> >> plugin won't install saying it needs Qwt5, but that library should
be
> >> install by the OSGeo4W-setup.
> >>
> >> WHat am I missing?
> >>
> >> BTW, the "Profile from Line" plugin need s Shapely 1.2 and the
OSGeo4W has