[Qgis-user] Exporting a raster layer from QGis with symbology

Nyall nyall at zombiepigs.net
Fri Dec 2 15:51:12 PST 2011

Hi all -- hoping someone can help me out here.

Does Qgis have a way of exporting raster layers with the symbology
applied? Since it's nice and easy to make good looking classification
layers through qgis, I'd like to export these layers to a
georeferenced image format which I can split up into TMS tiles.

>From my hunting around, the only way I could find for exporting
rasters (with the symbology applied) is to create a composer window
and save the layout from there. However, this approach doesn't allow
me to maintain the original resolution and georeferencing information
that the original raster contains.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Kind regards,
Nyall Dawson