[Qgis-user] Help on connecting Bluetooth GPS

pieri70 pietro.rossin at arpa.fvg.it
Mon Dec 5 02:30:35 PST 2011

Dear Qgis users
I'm in trouble with the GPS BT connection to qgis - Windows7.

Bluetooth GPS is on COM6, It works, tested with arcpad.

When I go to qgis 1.7.2 and try to activate the GPS on com6 (GPS Live Track)
the button remains pressed but nothing happens, no message.
On QGis 1.9.9, on the lower left side of the status bar, I receive an error
message saying that there is an error  "failed to connect to GPS device".
After that, if I try to click on the refresh button on the leftside of the
port number selector, the com6 disappear. I think this means that there was
a sort of "connection" on that port, and the GPS remains appended.

May be there was some other discussion about it, but I didn't find it, can
you please help me in this problem?

Thankyou
Pietro