[Qgis-user] problem tying to run Orfeo toolbox...

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Dec 5 18:40:09 PST 2011

Looks like you need the Orfeo Toolbox, ie just what the plugin is named for.  Try searching for "orfeo toolbox" - that turns up orfeo-toolbox.org immediately.

Unfortunately I don't see any Mac binaries there for the toolbox or the python interface.  You must compile them from source.  From a quick look, it looks like quite an effort to compile (almost as much code as Qgis itself, plus yet another GUI toolbox [fltk] as a dependency, though that can be disabled, I don't know if the python interface or the Qgis plugin uses it).

On Dec 2, 2011, at 4:29 PM, Louca Lerch wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am new on this list. I have a problem with QGIS on MAC 10.6...
>
> While trying to run Orfeo toolbox
>
> I get the following  error message:
>
> "Impossible de charger l'extension otb provoque une erreur lors de l'appel de sa méthode classFactory()
> (TRANSLATED: impossible to load the plug-in otb provoques an error while calling his classFactory() method)
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/qgis/utils.py", line 138, in startPlugin
>     plugins[packageName] = package.classFactory(iface)
>   File "/Users/louca/.qgis/python/plugins/otb/__init__.py", line 59, in classFactory
>     import otbApplication
>   File "/Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/qgis/utils.py", line 283, in _import
>     mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
> ImportError: No module named otbApplication
>

> I have been trying to get the "module named otbAplication" on the web with no results...
>
> Am I the only one with this problem or is it a classic problem?
>
> Thanx in advance for your tips!
>
> All the best
>
> Louca
>
> (La Paz, Bolivia)

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy