[Qgis-user] Qgis Mapserver on Mac OsX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Dec 9 07:32:26 PST 2011

Sorry for the delay, I was thinking about it and got distracted...

But it's correct that the Qgis mapserver won't work on Lion - the key is the missing fastcgi (disabled root isn't new with Lion, , and I didn't understand your translation of preferences).

I don't know why Apple dropped fastcgi from the system, especially when it was a recent addition (Leopard or Snow).  So compiling the fastcgi library AND modfastcgi for Apache is required.  I may be able to work out something for my Qgis distribution, or I will more likely leave it as an advanced Qgis compilation exercise.