[Qgis-user] Re: Install QGIS server on Ubuntu

Julien Malik julien.malik at c-s.fr
Tue Dec 13 03:11:32 PST 2011

> The "convienient" method as described in
> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Download#Ubuntu-With-updated-dependencies
> should work.
>
> Regards
> Pirmin

add-apt-repository does two main things :
- adding the necessary lines in sources.list.d
- retrieving the repository gpg key

The key retrieval involves connecting to a non standard port (8000 if I
remember), which can timeout and fail if you are behind an unfriendly
proxy. I get this each time I add a new ppa on a machine at work.

Usually the correct lines are added in sources.list, and the key is not
retrieved.
You can install packages from the repository you just added, but it will
complain each time about untrusted repository.

The solution is to download the key by another mean, and add it manually
with apt-key.
I don't remember how I do this.

Julien