[Qgis-user] trouble with v.in.ogr

Kirk Wythers kirk.wythers at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 09:40:54 PST 2011

I am using ogr2ogr to reproject a shape file, and then I am using v.in.ogr, to read the file into a grass location. In addition I use PG to handle database management. However, I am getting a pg error about a column name conflicting with a system column name. Has anyone seen this before? If so, any suggestions on how to correct the problem? I find it hard to believe that "xmin" is a restricted name.

GRASS 6.4.1 (northcentralus_albersequalarea):~ > ogr2ogr -t_srs "`g.proj -wf`" test.shp ~/Desktop/ew4km/ew4kmg_Clip.shp
GRASS 6.4.1 (northcentralus_albersequalarea):~ > v.in.ogr dsn=~/test.shp output=ew4kmg_Clip
Projection of input dataset and current location appear to match
Layer: test
DBMI-Postgres driver error:
Cannot execute:
create table ew4kmg_Clip (cat integer, Id integer, XMIN double precision, XMAX double precision, YMIN double precision, YMAX double precision)
ERROR:  column name "xmin" conflicts with a system column name

ERROR: Unable to create table: 'create table ew4kmg_Clip (cat integer, Id
       integer, XMIN double precision, XMAX double precision, YMIN double
       precision, YMAX double precision)'

Here is output of db.connect. I think I have this all set up properly. Am I not seeing something super obvious?

GRASS 6.4.1 (northcentralus_albersequalarea):~ > db.connect -p
driver:pg
database:host=localhost,dbname=northcentralus
schema:
group: