[Qgis-user] new xytools plugin: now open and save simple Excel files

Brad Nesom gisbradokla at live.com
Thu Dec 15 14:14:19 PST 2011

Filipe,
  You should note that excel does that on it's own.
if you look at your data and there is a small green triangle in the upper
left corner, that means the data is "available" to be formated as numeric.
simply select all the cells that show that (don't select the column heading
name) and then go to the top of the selection. (a little tricky to explain
further).
There is a "yellow" exclamation mark to the left. carefully hover cursor to
the left over the mark then pick the down arrow that appears.
select "convert to number".
there ya go.