[Qgis-user] Legend orientation and AGD coordinates

Brett Adams badams at spinifexgeophysics.com.au
Tue Feb 15 00:32:40 PST 2011

Hello Ramon (formerly of Heron Resources). As soon as you mentioned
Heron I remembered your name.

The Legend orientation is a pest but actually the work around it pretty
simple. It doesn't bother me too much.

QGIS's failure to deal with AMG/AGD has lead me to pretty much abandon
the programme. I still have one client that is completely GDA94 so I
leave them on QGIS to stay in touch in the hope this issue will be fixed
one day.

I tried sponsoring a bug fix for the AMG issue late last year but
nothing happened. The problem, as I understood it, is that QGIS use an
external provider for all their projection files, so technically its not
a QGIS problem, all be it fatal if you work in Australia.

A few folks had success loading some definition files running Linux
which obviously works a little differently. I tried but couldn't get it
to work on Windows. If your interested I can probably trawl back and
find the relevant files and instructions.

In the end it was too hard and I didn't have the time or the knowledge
to fix it.

Its a shame because QGIS is a very tidy package and was ideal for me,
but way too dangerous to continue using.

Brett

On 15/02/2011 3:10 PM, Ramon Andinach wrote:
> Hi Brett,
>
> Have a couple of questions.
>
> Is this one more or less of a bug-bear to you than not being able to deal with AMG/AGD CRS?
>
> Would you be interested in jointly looking into finding out what sponsorship cost would be associated with getting one of these sorted?
>
> (I've been meaning to throw some support money at QGIS as I've been finding it quite useful. I'd not really thought about sponsoring a bit of development, but this way we could get something useful to us done with the contribution. But having not tried it before, I don't really know what's involved and would need to find out.)
>
> -ramon.
> (formerly of Heron Resources)
>
> On 15/02/2011, at 14:48 , Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>
>> Il giorno mar, 15/02/2011 alle 09.06 +0800, Brett Adams ha scritto:
>>> Those tickets pretty much cover it. Given they are both 2 years old I
>>> guess its not a real high priority.
>> Please consider that sponsoring a specific task is always an option,
>> often a very feasible one.
>> All the best.
>> --
>> http://www.faunalia.it/pc