[Qgis-user] FTOOLS Calculate Area error

enricofiore at libero.it enricofiore at libero.it
Wed Feb 16 12:30:33 PST 2011

Hi,
I try to calculate area with ftools add geometry column. I have noted that in
automatic new field “AREA” have this properties type=real lenght=10
precision=6, this involve an error, some numbers are lost, because the Area
number have lenght>10.
Example: if I calculate Piedmont area with Ftools obtain 2539107283
if I calculate the same Area , add new column (type real lenght=20
precision=5) and use calc field ($area) I obtain 25391072834.9971.

Sorry for my english, I hope you undestand me and the error.

Regards

Enrico