[Qgis-user] Send us your tips!

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sat Feb 19 02:02:15 PST 2011

Hi

Yesterday I added a 'tip of the day' type dialog that appears when
QGIS starts. You have probably have seen a similar feature in other
applications. And no, before you ask, we are not going to implement a
'Mr. Paperclip' function next :-). Right now the tip list is rather
basic so I would like to invite everyone to submit your favourite
little tips for QGIS. Here are some guidelines:

- The tip should have a short title
- The tip content should be short - one or two paragraphs
- Simple HTML formatting can be used for the tip, including links, lists etc.
- Tips should be broadly useful and perhaps reveal functionality that
users may have otherwise overlooked.

Here is an example submission:

Title: Quick access to project properties
Content: You can quickly access the project properties dialog by
clicking on the icon in the bottom right corner of the window in the
status bar area.

If you are a developer, you can add tips directly to
src/app/qgstipfactory.cpp - it should be self explanatory what to do
when you look at the source.

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming and support services