[Qgis-user] manifold and qgis comparison

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Feb 24 03:02:33 PST 2011

Noli Sicad wrote:
> I just googled this doc,
>
> How Do I Do This in ArcGIS/Manifold?: Illustrating Classic GIS Tasks
>
> http://ecommons.cornell.edu/handle/1813/165

Nice!

What about adding a section to the wiki, mentioning (or even holding?) a
copy of this pdf. And per 'task': add a new subpage on which somebody
performs this taks using qgis: pointing to data to try out the task etc etc.

Every task-page would be a nice 'blog'-item. I really liked the small
blogs of Tim when he describes howto do things. And in time we will have
an online set of wiki-pages about howtodothingswithqgis.
(though it is not an answer the the question of the first poster in this
way...)

Or is this too much an area of the 'normal' documentation? And are we
overlapping stuff then?

Regards,

Richard

ps the comparison is from 2004... the tasks are still valid, but
probably the way things are done with esri/manifold not anymore??