[Qgis-user] divide poligons

Dario darioqn at yahoo.com.br
Thu Feb 24 06:59:40 PST 2011

I have a layer of polygons, these polygons are cut by two parallel lines.
Sometimes just one line crosses the polygon, dividing it into two.
need to create new polygons, formed by the polygon area that is contained
between the lines, and the areas that are outside the inner lines, and the
second case to create new polygons formed by the two areas divided by the line.
Is there any plugin or geoprocess  in quantum gis what running this?
I can only do the reverse process, which is the polygon cut the lines that
intersect with it, but I can not do otherwise with the lines dividing the
polygon.

(illustrative image attached)

Thanks

Dario