[Qgis-user] vector to raster conversion

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Sat Feb 26 23:38:16 PST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to convert a shapefile into a raster using the the plugin
"Raster" (Quantum GIS 1.5.0 & GDAL tools 1.2.0). For that the dialog box
request that an 'output raster file' already created be provided. I
understand that technically the underlying gdal command cannot create
it, BUT on the other hand does not know how to create it by myself
(furthermore the ultimate aim is to make it from the shapefile, so I am
a bit lost).

Has somebody an idea about how to handle this ?

Patrick