[Qgis-user] Multiple Layer Management

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 01:00:46 PDT 2011

Hi,

> We are missing a feature in QGIS which would allow multiple layers to
> be "moved" into a newly generated group. Currently you can select
> multiple layers but you can "move" them one by one into the new
> group.

this option is already available. At least it works in qgis 1.7, I don't
remember if it worked already in 1.6.

1.7 is anyway soon to be released.

> Another very useful functionality would be to be able to change same
> common attribute of all the selected layers at the same time - for
> example, changing the Transparency of all the selected Raster layers
> at the same time.

This is true for the new symbology (in the old symbology it is possible)
and as matter of fact one of those features that makes the new symbology
still uncompleted. I believe there is already a ticket open in the
tracker.

Cheers

-- Giovanni --