Missing features in print-composer, was: Re: [Qgis-user] Bugs, release of 1.7 and release of 1.7 as beta

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 7 04:27:39 PDT 2011

 Boris,

 These sound like reasonable requests and should be implementable. Of
 course someone has to do it or pay for the implementation - but I don't
 see them as overly complex. Also they don't seem more like convenience
 features than problems that prevent proper map layouts.

 Please report the feature requests.

 Andreas

 On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 11:33:10 +0200, Borys Jurgiel wrote:
> Dnia wtorek, 7 czerwca 2011 o 07:24:06 Paolo Cavallini napisał(a):
>> On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 05:57:43 +0200, Andreas Neumann
>> <a.neumann at carto.net>
>>
>> wrote:
>> > what features specifically in the print composer are missing?
>> >
>> > I often hear people complain about missing features in the print
>> > composer, but I think that at the current trunk version it is
>> already
>> > quite powerful and maybe the people just aren't aware about some
>> > functionality.
>>
>> Agreed. I also had people complaining about map composer being "not
>> powerful enough", but when questioned, I never could get a list of
>> missing
>> features (apart from resizable, multicolumn legends, you're right).
>> Please let us know what is still missing: the more accurate you are
>> the
>> more chances you have your request will be fulfilled.
>
> 1. Multiline text for menu items. Now if you force EOL character, it
> works in
> the right panel, but not on the sheet.
>
> 2. Copy & paste composer items. With many text labels in the layout,
> it would
> be extremely nice to be able to create just one, set its style and
> clone a few
> times. In the perfect world, even between two composers.
>
> 3. Set options for multiple items. Now if you select two items at
> once, some
> tools work on both, but item properties change only the last one.
> Would be
> nice to make it working, however probably less cost-effective than
> the point 2.
>
> I'll open tickets as soon as I migrate myself to redmine :)

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)
 Switzerland