[Qgis-user] SVG Symbols - QGIS resizes

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jun 8 23:18:17 PDT 2011

On 06/08/2011 10:52 PM, Daniel.Gnerre at vevey.ch wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have an SVG symbol (width > height) defined on a point layer. When I
> look at it in FireFox, it look OK, but in QGIS it is automatically resized
> into a quare. Above a link to download the symbol :
>
> http://sit.vevey.ch/web/diffusion/4.31.svg
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Daniel

I don't recall why it's this way but if you make the size of the page
square but leave the symbol in it current proportions I think you'll get
the effect you want.

Ex take the longest side of you svg, make the page of the svg (in say
inkscape) a square that's as long as the longest. Center your current
image and save.

See if that works.

Alex