[Qgis-user] drawing arrows/ lines at desired angles

Dr. Satyaprakash satya.prakash at sharda.ac.in
Thu Jun 16 09:53:02 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to draw arrows/ lines at specific angles. How to do the same in QGIS?

I have the location of Mobile transmission towers. I also have the angles in which the transponders are fixed. I would like to show the direction of the transponders at each of the tower location. I am attaching a snapshot.

The data would be something like,

Long, Lat, Dir1, Dir2, Dir3
88.42139816,26.70509683,20,120,280

Dir1, Dir2 and Dir3 are the angle in degrees from North in which the transponders are oriented. Ideally I would like to plot something like as in the attached sample, however, even a arrow/ line in those directions would do. QGIS should read the file, plot the location using Lat and Long and then use the three directions to plot arrows/ lines.

Looking forward to your help.

Rgds,
Satyaprakash