[Qgis-user] error with qgis 1.7 shaded relief plugin

Goyo goyodiaz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 08:19:25 PDT 2011

2011/6/29 Alister Hood <alister.hood at synergine.com>:

> Actually, it [gdaldem] should be in the raster plugin now - it is on my machine :)

It's in my version of gdal-bin but not in  the plugin which I expect
to be the latest experimental version available. I will investigate
this.

> Do you also think this is because I don't have enough RAM?

According to python docs[1] MemoryError should be raised only if the
process runs out of memory.

The plugin is really memory hungry. I was taking a look at the code
some time ago and it creates many temporary arrays. The author also
raised his concerns about memory usage in a private email exchange but
I was interested in the 128 bits output and not worried about memory
issues.

[1] http://docs.python.org/library/exceptions.html